Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bootiful blonde

By dying my hair I altered my appearance. Therefore my hair became a vehicle of self-expression. If I dyed my hair black, would I be considered goth, emo or scene. If I had brightly colored hair with the fashion sense to highlight it, would I be the arty farty type?

The consumer culture resulted in a lot of emphasis on body maintenance. "Body maintenance is on transforming the outer appearance of the body in pursuit of the idealized forms." (Howson, 2004:97) We try to enhance that what is beautiful and hide what might embarrass us. What we perceive as beauty us what we have been bombarded with since a very young age. According to Howson the beauty ideals deal with youth, health and fitness. 

So we are considered beautiful when we have the vitality and youthful playfulness of being young. Being young is also seen as being fit and full of life. Kids run around for hours at end, climbing trees and jumping from rocks. This youthful beauty makes part of the attitude

Marilyn Monroe was known for her innocence. 
"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."
Marilyn Monroe
But this will be a cliffhanger for tomorrow 

 Introducing the...

DUMB BLONDE JOKE OF THE DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment